Paul Motian: Sound in Motian
Meanwhile Motian is simply enjoying being home in New Yorkhaving been off the road for two years. "Somehow, I'm busy enough doing my own stuff with all the different bands, he notes. Asked if it's the variety of playing situations in his life that keeps him young, the 74 year old drummer replies, "Hey, I hope so. I don't know, man. I don't know, but I'm really happy about it. The way I'm playing, what I'm playing, the music that I'm involved with, my writing. As for the future, he says, "I don't really plan shit out. I go with the flow.
· Bill EvansSunday at the Village Vanguard (Riverside-OJC, 1961)
· Keith JarrettThe Survivor's Suite (ECM, 1976)
· Paul MotianThe Story of Maryam (Soul Note, 1983)
· Paul MotianMonk in Motian (JMT-Winter&Winter, 1988)
· Paul MotianBill Evans (JMT-Winter&Winter, 1990)
· Paul Motian & The Electric Bebop BandPlay Monk and Powell (Winter&Winter, 1998)