Upload Your Events to All About Jazz and Jazz Near You
Musicians, presenters, agencies, venues and festivals can upload upcoming events to the Jazz Near You / All About Jazz calendar from a CSV file.
What's a CSV file?
"CSV" means "Comma Separated Values." And a CSV file is a plain text file where each row consists of fields that are separated by commas. Learn more about CSV files at Wikipedia. Nearly all spreadsheet programs have a way of saving your data in CSV format:
- Microsoft Excel: File / Save As
- Google Docs: File / Download As
- Apple Numbers: File / Export
Getting started: Your First Upload
- Go to this public Google page and download our spreadsheet as a CSV file. View the how-to screen shot.
- Replace the sample calendar information with your information.
- If an event is associated with a festival, include the festival name, otherwise, leave it blank.
- All venue and festival names must match exactly how they are listed at Jazz Near You. To check a venue or festival name, go to Jazz Near You and click the "Venues" or the "Festivals/Series" menu item.
- You can use the bandleader's name as the title and you should repeat his/her name in the "Band Members" section. Use full names (and no instruments)
Keep a copy of the CSV file and upload new dates when they are confirmed. We don't add duplicate dates, but we still recommend including only your new dates in the file.
Can I update my events once I upload them?
Yes. Just click the "Update or Delete Show" link on the event's detail page.
Where will my events be shown once I upload them?
At All About Jazz, on a musician profile page and in a "Related" (musician information) box that appears on several pages throughout the website. At the Jazz Near You website, in the Jazz Near You weekly email announcement, in the Jazz Near You iPhone app, in the Jazz Near You widget and in the Jazz Near You RSS feed.